Happy Easter! Treats and chocolate

I've eaten a lot of chocolate recently.  Creme Eggs mainly, and Mini Eggs.  I love Mini Eggs.  But you can have too much of a good thing,  and I think I have reached the stage where I have quite possibly eaten too much chocolate.

I still wanted to make something sweet this weekend.  With a box of Rice Krispies approaching being empty, and a bag of mini marshmallows in the cupboard, I had a sudden desire to make Rice Krispie squares.  They remind me of parties from my childhood, and they are the easiest thing in the world to make, ever.

Ingredients:

20g butter
150g mini marshmallows
100g Rice Krispies
Optional: sprinkles to decorate

A greased/lined tin



Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat.  Add the marshmallows a handful at a time and stir until melted.  Take off the heat and gradually add the cereal.  It gets quite stiff quite quickly.  Put into the tin (optional - sprinkle with hundreds and thousands) and leave to cool before cutting into squares.

It's not the prettiest of tasty treats, but tasty it is.  Perfect with a cup of tea.  Which is what I'm going to go and have now.






I know I said I'd had enough chocolate this Easter, but how adorably cute are these chicks?!

Comments

Popular Posts